Lowyat Media Group is looking for an experienced Creative Director (Video) to grow and lead our video team and oversee our editorial video creative. This person should have their finger on the pulse of pop culture, lifestyle, and internet video trends, and have experience creating content for millennial and Gen Z audiences. All applicants must be equipped with strong storytelling skills, an intimate knowledge of the ever-shifting online video landscape, and a passion for leading and mentoring a growing team.
- Lead, inspire, guide, build, and constantly reshape a growing Editorial Video and audio team
- Work with the Editorial Video team, Editorial leads, and our video production team to develop new and innovative series that appeal to audiences and advertisers
- Oversee production and post-production leads; ensure seamless on-set processes and help manage smart budgets and schedules
- Approve and/or determine how to smartly delegate approval concepts and final cuts of all video products
- Understand the Lowyat brand and tone better than anyone, and ensure the team constantly infuses our video content with them through topic selection, storytelling, amazing visuals, and scriptwriting
- Possess a discerning eye for on-camera and voice talent that fits the brand and will make people fall in love with them
- Leverage data and insights to evaluate the performance of social content and to guide future content and creative concepts
- Run point on hiring for all positions, and be able to actively recruit the top talent available
- Liaise with our sales team on various projects and determine the best way to execute
- Work seamlessly with the larger creative team (including written and social) to put together major impactful, cohesive, well-timed content packages
- Oversee pilots and trials for new or emerging platforms
- Minimum 4-5 years leading a digital video team and creating fantastic, wide-reaching content
- Experience directing the creation of, and personally making, short Facebook video, longer-form YouTube series, and everything in between
- Be a people person that a team wants to follow, but also be able to constantly push that team to places they never realized they could go
- A consuming passion for and understanding of pop culture and lifestyle trends important to our target audiences
- A commitment to staying ahead of new platforms and opportunities, and a keen ability to recognize the right time to act on those trends
- A high degree of drive, energy, accountability and initiative. Must be self motivated.
If you wish – and this will be a huge bonus – you could also send us a presentation deck (no more than 7 slides) or a video (no longer than 1 minute) to share with us more about yourself.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified